A simple game that builds vocabulary and gets students thinking about verbs as actions.
- Print the verbs on some card (one for each group).
- Cut out each of the verbs and put them in a Ziploc bag.
- Divide students into groups and hand each group a bag of verbs.
- Students split the group into two teams and each team takes it in turns to act out a verb they pull from the bag. Give a time limit (e.g. 20 seconds), if the team doesn’t guess by the end of the time limit, they switch to the other team.
- The team that guesses the most verbs correctly wins.