Teacha! Resources is a marketplace for South African teacher resources. Teachers have been buying and selling original teacher-made lesson plans, worksheets, videos, assessments, workbooks, interactive lesson materials and more on our platform since 2015. Teacher-vendors (who sell their resources on Teacha!) have earned hundreds of thousands of rands by sharing their knowledge and creativity. Learn more below about joining the Teacha! community.
Our question is rather: Why NOT sell your resources? As a tech savvy teacher you spend hours to create your e-resources. Teacha wants you to become an edupreneur. There is an immense need for curriculum aligned products in Africa. Not only for visual presentations and interactive lessons, but also for worksheets, lesson plans, assessments and other resources. You put in the effort and get rewarded for your hard work in more than one way!
Membership to Teacha is free! You can set up a shop and share your resources for free. However, for paid products, a 35% commission is payable. This means that you still earn 65% of your sales! No bank costs or charging costs whatsoever.
You can sell any DIGITAL products on Teacha. The maximum size of files that you can sell is 60mb. You are more than welcome to sell files that are in a zip folder as well as MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel and even SMART Notebook files. You are only allowed to sell resources that are made by you and that does not hold any copyright.
Your sales depends on many things like:
- Will it save teachers time?
- Is this something teachers can rather just make themselves?
- Is it worth paying for or can they download it for free elsewhere?
- Do they know the person selling it? Does the seller promote their resources?
Teacha! Resources is still a small platform but some individual teachers have earned more than R70 000 from selling their resources and many have earned more than R20 000. You could too!
- Register on the My Shop Settings page and apply to become a vendor.
- Create your shop in Shop Settings by adding descriptions.
- You can now start uploading your products. Click on ADD PRODUCT and follow the instructions.
- Ensure that all fields are filled in.
- Click on “Add Downloadable Product” and your resource will be live!
- You will be notified via email if you receive any orders. You will be able to see sales statistics in your Vendor Dashboard.
Still not sure? We are here to help. Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with support.
Your sales will only pay out every two months if your profits are higher than R100. If it is not more than R100, your payout will only occur at the next payout dates.
Fill in your account details under “Shop Settings” to ensure that you receive your payout. You do not need a PayPal account as we do payouts via EFT.
Payouts take place on the last day of the following months (or the first business day after):
You will receive an email that will notify you about products sold in your shop. You can also monitor sales in your vendor dashboard.
Yes, you can!
Think of Teacha! as a BUSY supermarket that sells thousands of resources for teachers. These products may also be sold in other supermarkets. Keep the prices similar everywhere to ensure that teachers can buy where they prefer to buy. We are not resellers, but a platform for you to create your own shop. Just like Entrepreneur’s/Market Day, every day!